THE CHURCH POTLUCK

REAL COMFORT FOOD FROM THE UPPER MIDWEST! NO SISSY STUFF! CHURCH DINNER RECIPES COLLECTED OVER 50 YEARS BY OUR MOM AND US!

Monday, April 25, 2005

Fat Potatoes

This is my family's absolute favorite potluck dish--and if you want something that'll stick to your ribs and clog your arteries, this is it!! I make these for my family at the holidays because all the prep work can be done a day or two in advance, and then they can be popped in the oven or crockpot the day of dinner. And when I make them for potluck, there are never any leftovers.

These instructions are for a small batch. I usually make a double, or for my six-quart crockpot, 2-1/2 batches.

Ingredients:
9 medium white potatoes
1 stick butter
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz sour cream

Peel and boil potatoes with a little salt in the water until potatoes are tender (just like you're making mashed potatoes).

Drain potatoes and add butter, cream cheese, and sour cream and beat with electric mixer until smooth.

Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees (45 minutes if they have been made ahead and refrigerated), or cook in crockpot on high about 4 hours or on low for 6-8.

I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't love these!

Barb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home