THE CHURCH POTLUCK

REAL COMFORT FOOD FROM THE UPPER MIDWEST! NO SISSY STUFF! CHURCH DINNER RECIPES COLLECTED OVER 50 YEARS BY OUR MOM AND US!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Pudding Cake

I finally found it--Mom's Pudding Cake Recipe! This is one of Mark's favorites.

1. In an oblong pan, 13x9x2, mix 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup cocoa. Then stir in 2 cups water.

2. Cut 13 marshmallows into quarters and scatter over mixture.

3. Spoon devil's food cake batter over this. Top with 1 cup broken nut meats (Mom would have used walnuts--I prefer pecans). Bake at 350 degrees 45 to 50 minutes. Top with whipped cream or ice cream.

If anyone is interested, I have a recipe similar to this for Hot Fudge Cake which is on the 'heart smart' list, with less than 30% of its calories from fat. I also have a pudding cake recipe made in the crockpot. It's actually quite good.

Barb

7 Comments:

  • At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    THANK YOU! I am so relieved this recipe wasn't lost!

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    do you make the cake batter as directed on teh cake mix?

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Great White Bear, said…

    anon - yes, just follow package directions then spoon over pan contents.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Recently, I discovered Your site...I love the recipes! Thank You. I'm planning on making this cake today, please tell me though, does it have the consistency of cake or pudding? I'm hoping cake.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Barb Patch and Mark Spurrier said…

    It has the consistency of a cake, the "pudding" stays on the bottom of the pan. This stuff is SO good with whipped cream or ice cream on top!

    Mark

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I made this cake yesterday, OMG it's so good. I will pass this recipe onto my Daughters. Thank You!

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Barb Patch and Mark Spurrier said…

    Glad you enjoyed it!
    Mark

     

Post a Comment

<< Home