THE CHURCH POTLUCK

REAL COMFORT FOOD FROM THE UPPER MIDWEST! NO SISSY STUFF! CHURCH DINNER RECIPES COLLECTED OVER 50 YEARS BY OUR MOM AND US!

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Crunchy Fudge Sandwiches

Now THIS is comfort food!

Melt 12 oz butterscotch chips (be sure you use Nestle--the others don't melt smoothly) and 1 cup peanut butter together in a large pan. Add 8 cups Rice Krispies.

Press half of this mixture into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Place in refrigerator.

In smaller pan melt 3 tbls butter, 2 tbls water, 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, and 1 cup powdered sugar. Spread over mixture in pan. Top with remaining Rice Krispies mixture and chill.

Note: you may want to bring them back to room temperature before you try cutting them:)

I found this recipe on the back of a Rice Krispies box back when I was in high school, and I don't think they ever ran it again. These are a real favorite!

Barb

6 Comments:

  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger greatwhitebear said…

    man, I'd forgotten about these! I haven't had one of these in probably 20 years! Shelley will LOVE this!

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Isabella di Pesto said…

    Oh my gawd! All I did was READ the recipe and I gained weight!

    Wow!

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Wandering Coyote said…

    Sweet...literally.

    I may try these sometime, they look like just the thing if you need a chocolate/sugar fix in a hurry, and they are a little more exciting than just plain rice crispy squares.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    whoa. i think i'll have to try this the next time i need to bring something a dinner party. i like this site! i think it's a great idea for a blog.

    please check out mine when you get a chance:
    http://grannyanny.blogspot.com.

    ann
    warm butter review

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    actually, I checked it out the other day and bookmarked it. I was impressed, although you REALLY need to change your blog name. You don't look anything like anybody's granny that I ever knew!

    gwb

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I checked it out, too--great site! I'm going to try your Lemon-Herb Bread. Unfortunately bread is one of my BIG downfalls--I could make a whole meal of it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home