THE CHURCH POTLUCK

REAL COMFORT FOOD FROM THE UPPER MIDWEST! NO SISSY STUFF! CHURCH DINNER RECIPES COLLECTED OVER 50 YEARS BY OUR MOM AND US!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Barb's Crockpot Chili

This is my adaption of my mom's chili recipe. I still prefer it made on the stove, but this is close.

For a 6-qt crockpot:

1-1/2 lbs ground beef, browned
3 cans dark red kidney beans with liquid
1 large can tomato juice
1 tsp salt (or to taste)
2-3 tbls chili powder (I like McCormick's)

Put all ingredients in crockpot and cook on high 5-6 hours or on low 8 or more hours. I quite often just let it cook overnight.

Barb

4 Comments:

  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger mister anchovy said…

    try adding in just a little bit of cumin....

     
  • At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    chili sounds really good! I may have to make a pot this week.

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Effie said…

    Would I half this recipe for my 3.5L crock pot?

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    after consulting the conversion charts, the answer to that question is yes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home